Friday, July 2, 2010

The National Medical Admission Test (NMAT)

I used to be one of the proctors in the nationwide National Medical Admission Test or NMAT. NMAT is given to pre-med graduates in the Philippines who want to pursue their studies in the various fields of medicine. During my time, the NMAT was given by the Center for Educational Measurement and lasted for one whole day.

NMAT is not an easy test. It covers the entire fields of science – biology, physics, chemistry, botany, etc. The test is divided into two parts. The first part lasts for 4 hours while the other part, another 4 hours.

If you are set to take the NMAT, please take my suggestions. Be ready for a brain-whacking examination. Review everything that you know about science and medicine. While it is advisable to take your breakfast before taking the exam, please don’t eat too much. I remember one examinee vomiting while taking the test because he was bending his head for hours.

Take a good night’s sleep prior to the test and then get some exercise when you wake up in the morning. The NMAT does not only tests your intelligence, it also challenges you physical capabilities. Can you last for eight hours looking down at your paper and the questionnaire?

I will post the NMAT schedule here. But during my time, the NMAT was given twice a year – March and December. I’ll try to get in touch with my friends at CEM and ask them about the NMAT schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment